This is Baku Tour – Are you planning to travel to Baku and looking for a unique and charming spot to visit? Look no further than the Little Venice of Baku, an enchanting neighborhood that will transport you to the waterways of Venice, Italy. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at this must-visit destination on your Baku tour.
What is the Little Venice of Baku?
The Little Venice of Baku is a unique and picturesque neighborhood that draws inspiration from the iconic Italian city of Venice. The neighborhood is located on an island in the Baku Boulevard, a popular promenade that stretches along the Caspian Sea.
The area is known for its narrow canals that wind their way through the neighborhood, with quaint bridges connecting the different sections of the island. The colorful buildings along the waterways give the area a charming and romantic atmosphere that’s perfect for a leisurely stroll or a boat ride.
One of the most distinctive features of the Little Venice of Baku is the variety of architectural styles that are on display. You’ll see buildings with influences from Renaissance, Gothic, and Baroque styles, all of which blend together to create a unique and visually stunning landscape.
In addition to the waterways and buildings, there are also several cafes and restaurants in the area where you can enjoy a meal or a cup of coffee while taking in the beautiful views. Some of the eateries offer outdoor seating, allowing you to soak up the sun and the sea breeze while enjoying your food.
Overall, the Little Venice of Baku is a must-see destination that’s sure to enchant visitors with its beauty and charm. It’s a unique blend of history, architecture, and natural beauty that will make your Baku tour even more memorable.
Things to See and Do in Little Venice
There’s no shortage of things to see and do in Little Venice. Take a leisurely boat ride through the canals and admire the charming architecture from the water. You can also walk along the waterfront and enjoy the beautiful views of the Caspian Sea. Additionally, there are plenty of cafes and restaurants in the area where you can relax and savor the local cuisine.
History of Little Venice
The history of the Little Venice of Baku dates back to the 1960s when the area was developed by two Azerbaijani architects, Gasimov and Ashurbeyov. They were inspired by the romantic canals and architecture of Venice, Italy and wanted to create a similar atmosphere in Baku.
The architects designed the neighborhood to be a tourist attraction and created a series of narrow canals that were dredged from the sea and filled with freshwater to create the desired effect. They also designed colorful buildings along the canals, many of which draw influences from Renaissance, Gothic, and Baroque styles.
Over the years, the Little Venice of Baku has become a popular spot for tourists and locals alike. It’s a perfect place for a romantic stroll, a boat ride, or a meal at one of the many cafes and restaurants in the area.
Today, the Little Venice of Baku is an important part of the city’s cultural and architectural heritage. It’s a testament to the creativity and vision of Azerbaijani architects and is a must-see destination for anyone interested in the history and culture of Baku.
How to Get to Little Venice
Little Venice is located on an island in the Baku Boulevard, which is easily accessible by car or public transportation. If you’re staying at a Baku hotel in the city center, you can take a short taxi ride to the Boulevard. Alternatively, you can take the Baku Metro to Sahil Station and then walk to the Boulevard.
Tips for Visiting Little Venice
If you’re planning a visit to the Little Venice of Baku, keep in mind that the best time to go is during the summer months when the weather is warm and sunny. Be sure to wear comfortable shoes for walking around the canals and bring a camera to capture the picturesque scenery. Additionally, try the local cuisine at one of the restaurants in the area for a truly authentic Baku experience.
If you’re planning to visit the Little Venice of Baku, there are several hotels in the area that you can choose from. Here are some of the best options:
- Hilton Baku – This 5-star hotel is located just a 10-minute walk from the Little Venice of Baku. It offers luxurious rooms and suites with modern amenities, as well as a rooftop bar and restaurant with stunning views of the city.
- Four Seasons Hotel Baku – This 5-star hotel is located in the heart of Baku, just a 15-minute drive from the Little Venice of Baku. It features spacious and elegant rooms and suites, as well as a spa, fitness center, and multiple restaurants.
- Fairmont Baku, Flame Towers – This 5-star hotel is situated in the iconic Flame Towers complex, just a 10-minute drive from the Little Venice of Baku. It offers luxurious rooms and suites with stunning views of the city and the Caspian Sea, as well as a spa, fitness center, and multiple dining options.
- Park Inn by Radisson Baku Hotel – This 4-star hotel is located just a 5-minute drive from the Little Venice of Baku. It offers comfortable rooms and suites with modern amenities, as well as a fitness center and a rooftop bar with panoramic views of the city.
- Sapphire Hotel Baku – This 3-star hotel is located in the heart of Baku, just a 10-minute drive from the Little Venice of Baku. It offers cozy and affordable rooms with basic amenities, as well as a restaurant and a bar.
These are just a few of the many hotels near the Little Venice of Baku. You can choose the one that suits your budget and preferences, and enjoy the beauty and charm of this unique neighborhood during your stay in Baku.
In conclusion, the Little Venice of Baku is a must-visit destination on your Baku tour. With its charming canals, colorful buildings, and waterfront views, it’s a perfect spot for a romantic stroll or a peaceful retreat from the bustling city. So why not add it to your Baku itinerary and experience the magic of Little Venice for yourself? ،TB